About The Impact Awards
Each year ULI North Texas honors the Impact of one prominent Real Estate visionary that has made an undeniable mark upon the region of North Texas with the Vision Award. In addition, Impact Awards are presented to 4 projects/developments that exemplify 4 distinct categories: Innovation, Influence, Public Place and Next Big Idea.
The highlight of each Impact Award event is the presentation of our prestigious Vision Award to a person or persons in our North Texas region meeting the following rigorous standards:
The Vision Award is to be given to an individual in the field of real estate development or a related sector area such as finance, planning, design or who has made an outstanding contribution in his or her lifetime to the built environment of the North Texas region and adhere to the following criteria:
- 20 Years minimum industry impact
- Lasting contribution to the built environment in one or more communities in the North Texas region (minimum of 3 examples)
- Innovation and creativity
- Community Leadership
- Community service
Previous recipients of the ULI Vision Award in North Texas are H. Ross Perot and Ross Perot Jr. (2015), the legacy of Trammell and Margaret Crow (2016), Herbert Weitzman (2017), and most recently, Roger Staubach (2018.)
In addition to the Vision Award, ULI North Texas honors 4 regional developments/projects with an Impact Award from one of four distinct categories.
Applications for these awards are reviewed by a jury of experienced ULI members from across the US, representing multiple disciplines within real estate. The categories and their criteria are as listed below:
- Innovation: Recognizes originality and creativity in design, placemaking, support for transit use, green techniques, financing (including public/private partnerships), innovative land use or community planning, or other development features.
- Influence: Seeks a project, policy or program that creates a positive impact beyond its immediate borders or catalyzes the development of the surrounding community, resulting in a lasting positive effect on the built environment.
- Public Place: Highlights a public sector, non-profit, public/private partnership or privately funded project providing the public enhanced civic, open or public space access or experiences.
- Next Big Idea: Submissions do not have to be completed projects! We seek innovative ideas that can positively impact the region’s quality of life, such as improving the quality of the built environment, the way in which planning and development are conducted, construction affordability, financing or other aspects of development. What would make our region more resilient? More enjoyable?
Proceeds from the gala benefit educational and volunteer programs of ULI’s North Texas District Council, including the award-winning mentoring program, “Building Industry Leaders,” created by ULI’s Young Leaders in partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas.
Are you interested in submitting your project or development?
Subscribe to ULI North Texas Emails
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from ULI North Texas. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email.
To make sure you receive the notifications for this event, be sure to subscribe to our email list. We will be announce the opening the 2019 project application period soon!
Are you interested in Getting Involved?
Would you like to be part of the committee?
Impact Awards Committee Page
Questions about the Awards, or interested in sponsorship opportunities?